My perception of social
media, well there is a lot I can say about it, but to sum it up, I think its
one of the best things to hit the internet. Iv been on Facebook since it
started, and since it has grown to the size it is today, it has help me and
many other connect with families and friends that are too far away or that we
might not have known we had. Other sites like twitter keep my self and many
others up to date with all the news and other trends that are going on in the
world that we might not know about, for example, Beyoncé just had her baby, now
I would of never known about it if it wasn’t for the twitter trends that were
going around. I don’t think social media is a fad, because its growing even
larger, more and more individuals are coming on to social media sites like
Twitter, YouTube, and FaceBook to tell the world their stories or show us their
side of living and the things that impact their lives. It shows a lot of us
what’s really going on in the world and not what the media says is happening around
the world. It’s taking us from being in a little bubble, and showing us that
there is a lot more out there than what meets the eyes. Skype and Facebook
helps me connect with family I have in Brazil, Guyana, Barbados, and Venezuela
through video chat, so I can actually see them without being there. I
personally think that Social media is one of the greatest things that has be
introduces to our modern day society because without it I wouldn’t of met a lot
of my family members and wouldn’t be able to connect with friends that have moved
away to different countries for school.
Its actually so true though, Facebook changed so much things. I have like family members I had no clue about adding me as a friend on facebook.. They live like across the world Lol ! Its pretty cool
ReplyDeleteAlot of truth spoken, because I actually use Skype and Facebook to connect with my family back home. I think that even this blog is also a tool for social media because I'm now learning that Beyoncé had her baby, lol.....hence I'm in agreement with your statement that social media is not a fad and is still growing.
ReplyDelete